Nov 27, 2016 by Comfort Keepers
Wikipedia defines Parkinson's disease (PD) as a progressive degenerative disorder of the central nervous system that mainly affects the motor system. It is the second most regular neurodegenerative illness that influences our senior friends and family. It is just second to the Alzheimer's illness in this specific situation.
As the senior population is expanding so is the sufferers of Parkinson's disease. Treatment can diminish the level of suffering however there is no cure to this sickness. Therefore, appropriate way of life and proper care is the main answer for remaining safe and proceed with day to day life. What's more, in-home caregivers from Comfort Keepers can render huge help and support to our senior adored ones who are experiencing Parkinson's.
The indications of Parkinson's disease grow gradually. They normally go unnoticed until it achieves serious stages. For this reason, thorough consideration is important to distinguish the symptoms and indicators.
The symptoms additionally changes individual to individual. Nonetheless, they show up between the ages of 50 and 60. The significant symptoms are:
• Tremor or shaking of hands, legs and arms.
• Hardened or throbbing muscles.
• Moderate and restricted movement.
• Weakening muscles, exceptionally throat and face muscles
• Difficulty while walking and maintaining balance.
• Problems while speaking and writing
So, on the off chance that you have a senior loved one living among you keep a cautious eye and watch out for any such signs in them. In the event that you notice any of these then take a medical checkup at the earliest opportunity and get a diagnosis done.
However, if you already have a friend or family member who has been diagnosed to have Parkinson's disease then you definitely know how much essential it is to take care of them with extraordinary alertness. As Parkinson's is specifically associated with movement and balance so it makes regular day to day existence much troublesome and even unthinkable on occasions. Hence, having proficient care can have an immense role to play for better living conditions.
• An expert in-home caregiver like our Comfort Keepers won't just have the capacity to deal with your senior cherished one's everyday fundamental errands they will also have the capacity to help them with all the lifestyle changes and other particular practices that are proven to help seniors with Parkinson's stay more happy, healthy and comfortable.
• In case of Parkinson's disease following a specific diet plan and doing some day to day physical practices and exercises help a considerable measure in diminishing the effects of the symptoms. A Comfort Keeper will have the capacity to arrange and set up the dietary arrangement and the everyday sustenance menu for the best interest of the senior adored one. Moreover, they will have the capacity to direct, help and inspire the seniors for having their day to day physical work out.
• The likelihood of sudden falls grows a considerable measure with Parkinson's disease. For this reason, it turns out to be considerably more vital to make your home fall-proof and to watch out for your senior friends and family continually. Both of these undertakings can be accomplished with a capable home health senior caregiver.
• In some serious cases day to day basic tasks can become almost impossible for our senior friends and family to manage without help. Undertakings like washing, prepping, eating and strolling can turn out to be exceptionally troublesome now and again. A caregiver will have the capacity to help and bolster our senior friends and family with these day to day life essentials and can lead them to a better life standard.
• Another aspect of Parkinson’s disease is that tension and stress is one of the elements that intensifies the impact of the symptoms and sufferings. Along these lines, finding a way to keep your senior friends and family relaxed, calm and stress-free is an important task that you need to focus on. Indeed, even for this reason having a specialist Comfort Keeper who knows how to manage such circumstances and knows how to coordinate the mental energies and developments inside the senior personalities with focused exercises can have all the positive effects.
So, if you have a senior loved one who is suffering from Parkinson’s disease then do not delay in contacting Comfort Keepers.